Monday, December 04, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

it's snowing outside!!!

I am so absolutely excited! I mean, just to show you the level of my excitement...

I went to bed late last night - it was around 1:30 am and I didn't really fall asleep right away either - and I had to be up at 6 am today. For those who don't know my sleeping habits... this is absolutely unheard of for me. If I sleep less than 6-7 hours... well, i just don't!

So, 6 am I get up.... its black as night outside. Gr. I'm not a happy person. Then, I notice that I have a runny nose and that headache... that one that you get when you have a cold. Ya, not happy at all. I go downstairs, have breakfast - look outside - no snow :( Sadness.

But it started to look up the second I walked outside. At first glance I thought it was raining but then I noticed that the drops were falling differently - they weren't slamming down they were sorta floating down... like... SNOW!

As I walked to the T stop, the "stuff" became more and more snow-life but the ground was still wet, not white. I reached the T just as the train was pulling away... but, at this point, I was so giddy, I couldn't care less! I was practically skipping as I made my way across the train tracks (who needs singing in the rain when you can be dancing in the snow?). I smiled - ear to ear - the entire way to school... I got to class (1 hr early to do some hmwk) and all i could do is stare out the window... it started to snow harder... and soon the trees and the ground were covered in a thin layer of white. Aw, white!

AND! it wasn't even that cold... well at least its not that cold yet! Although, when the snow collects on your nose, your nose gets a bit cold. Do they sell nose warmers?

As soon as I can get over my frustrated finals mood, I'm sure my IPOD will be filled with Christmas tunes... because, snow and holidays go hand in hand (well, unless your in so cal - where you decorate palm trees instead)

And, I'll try to take pictures too!

No comments: