Thursday, November 30, 2006

forgotten scenario

Oh yes, and then there's days like today! (cont from yesterday)

(click here to see picture)

So... the side with the yellow pole - thats the outbound train. In order to get to the inbound train you must cross the track and wait on the other side.

Today, as I walked across the bridge and looked down at the stop - not a lot of people (T must have just left) and no T in sight - okay. I didn't feel the need to run so I just continued walking at a fast pace. Right then I saw the outbound train pulling in. As I reached the bottom of the hill, the inbound train started to pull in. Problem is - the outbound blocks the tracks so you can't get across to the inbound. The second the outbound started pulling out, I ran across the track (in front of the inbound train) and walked up to the door right as it closed. (Three people were behind me).

But, the other fun little fact about the T is - THEY NEVER OPEN THE DOORS. So... after a few seconds of making sure everyone was settled inside - the train just pulled away. :(

When the next train arrived it was one of those sardine situations but after yesterday I wasn't prepared to be late again today so... I managed to squeeze in. Of course, the driver yelled at me because she tried to close the doors three times and they wouldn't close (I was in the doorway!) Eventually I managed to shove myself in another inch...

(And yes, I made it to class on time!)

No comments: