Friday, November 10, 2006

Gorgeous Days


Current mood: content

It is an absolutely GORGEOUS day in boston. The sky might not be the bluest Boston sky I've seen but the weather, the trees, the sun shining bright. Wowsers.

I woke up today with the sun pouring into my room and I was instantly in a fantastic mood. The weather reports say itll be 66 today - rather warm for a November day in Boston. I grabbed the thinnest jacket I could find in my closet and headed out. 55 degrees... the perfect weather to be walking to school - not so hot that you become flustered but not cold at all!

I walked my usual .3 miles to the T stop. Enjoying the sound of the leaves crunching as I walked. I arrived at the T and a few minutes later... the train was here (I'll later post how this alone is enough to make my day!) but, the bonus cherry on top was that the T wasn't overflowing with people! OMG! I actually had a chance to actually sit down and catch up on some reading for my classes today.

But the most wonderful part of beautiful Boston days is the view from my classroom. Most of you don't know much about BU so allow me to paint a picture. My campus isn't the most beautiful campus - there are some gorgeous buildings - old brick buildings, some covered in ivy - and some ugly buildings such as the ugly block tower known as the Law School! (bleh!).

The school is spread out alone the Charles River. Behind us is grass, trees and water (and Bay State Road - a small road running along the water). If I look out the window in class - I see the blue Charles River - people rowing and sailing, others jogging alongside the water. The trees that line the river are shades of red and orange... some are slowly shedding their leaves. The grass is crayon green. In the distance, I see the downtown Boston skyline with its tall building. Its the ideal image of a city along the water.

Its the most calming thing.

And our buildling, as ugly as it may be, probably has one of the best unobstructed views. I'll take some pictures soon and post them up (if I get my hands on a functioning camera). And if you ever happen to be in Boston, you should come visit me at school!

No comments: