Sunday, November 19, 2006

Law School Highlights

Thanks Nicole...

I of course copied this blog from Nicole... the intro comment is hers as well but I completely agree (I was honestly laughing out loud as i read these!).

law school highlights

fun law school factor: your sense of humor dies, and you start thinking things like these are funny...
Professor Hylton: Uh hmm..uh hmm...Uh hmmm [with hand over his mouth, looking pensive]
Student: . . . I'm not sure what "uh hmm" means.
Professor Hylton: It means you're wrong.
"You can't sue God."
-Professor Moore.
Student: Well I would want a jury trial so it'd be more sympathetic to me.
Prof. Selmi: Oh fine, well why don't you just get all your friends on the jury? then you'd definitely win.
Student: Well that would be the ideal situation.
Prof. Selmi: Right, if you could get 12 friends.
Classhole blabbing something completely incorrect about offer and acceptance
Professor Kull: Do you ACTUALLY mean that???
Student: Would you consider this a matter of law or a matter of fact?
Professor Kull: I really HATE when students ask whether it's a matter of law or a matter of fact. Where does that come from, Civil Procedure??"
Professor Selmi (referencing inadvertent disclosure of attorney work-product): Why would you give up such valuable information?
Student: In the interest of justice...
Professor Selmi: Justice? Is justice your client?
"It was a catastrophic failure of the spinach bags rotting in the Nebraska sun."
Professor Kull
"We'll get back to the contract in a minute, I want to finish seeing what the human drama is here."
Professor Kull
"If fornication is a crime, then I've got a room full of criminals sitting in front of me."
-Professor Simons


and.....

Volk is by far the most amusing but unfortunately we rarely get to see him...
"I prefer an analog watch because I'm a visual person. If you prefer digital, that's fine too… just remember it's a fashion no no."

After making some comment about someone (Carrie Underwood?) performing at Agganis he mentioned, "Don't tell Faith Hill." And, when no one laughed... "Jeez, don't any of you read People?"

Student: An uneducated person has more rage and is less able to control that rage than say a Phd from MIT.
Professor Simons: Don't provoke me!!

No comments: