Friday, November 10, 2006

The Audacity of some people...


I recently received an email from someone.... whats important to note is that he is an investment banker.

Hi Alina,

I recently heard that you are at BU for law school. I just wanted to congratulate you. I really hope that you are not going to law school to become some corporate lawyer to make money like my other friends - it would be nice to have an Armenian prosecutor, environmental lawyer or judge that actually makes lawyers look good. I know this is random, but good luck with everything and let me know if you ever need anything.

Sincerely,
XXX


Hi XXX,

Thanks for the note. I'm not particularly sure what I want to do post law school but I find it amusing that someone involved in investment banking frowns upon the idea of corporate law
J. I'm proud of my extensive involvement in the communities I've lived in and I'm sure that regardless of what my day job requires of me, I will continue to be involved in more "noble endeavors" throughout my life. Lawyers will never look good but Armenian lawyers can leave a good impression by doing good in their community (both Armenian and non) – and that applies to people in all fields and professions J.

How's life treating you?

Best,

Alina

No comments: