Tuesday, June 26, 2007

secret admirers...

so, i tend to attract conversations on the T. There was the guy who told me about how his great granddad started the NFL and the other guy who talked to me about the war in iraq and how difficult it was to get accustomed to life back home. I admit that sometimes I might ask my neighbor a question or something which then sparks a conversation but half the time, I'm really just minding my own business. During finals I had my head phones on and was studying my flashcards and the older gentleman next to me kept asking me about school and my class and my future plans. I'd take my headphones out (don't want to be rude), answer his question, and put my headphones back in. I figured that was enough of a hint... guess not.

Well, the train chat just got a little more bizarre for me. Last tuesday, I was heading home after a few drinks (okay like 3/4ths a bottle of wine) and when I got on the T there was one empty seat next to this guy so I sat down. The guy started to talk to me.. introduced himself... yada yada. Again, trying not to be a bitch about it, I smiled, was polite but not super talkative. I mean, I'm sure I was more talkative than usual thanks to the wine but after awhile, I was just getting annoyed. There was this really hot guy sitting across from me and I was busy having a staring competition with him. But, the guy next to me just wouldn't stop... and every once in awhile I'd have to break my stare in order to respond to this guy. Gr.

On friday, I went to check my mailbox at work and noticed a letter addressed to Alena. Hm....

"Dear Fellow D-line passenger"

Now, I'm not sure it was that dude but I have a feeling it was that dude because I can't remember any other dude that I had enough of a convo with where I might mention where I work. He sent me a picture cut out of a magazine of some beach somewhere and a little note hoping this would "brighten" my day and asking if we could hang out....

uh, creepy.

I mean, perhaps its a little flattering but the guy looked up my work place (no, i do not have business cards... and i wouldn't have given him one anyway) and wrote out a letter... its just a little strange. Either he's desperate or I made a good first impression. (Probably the first, I know).

So, from now on, I will try my darndest to not strike up convos with strangers.

No comments: