Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekends were made for relaxing.

The last few weeks I've been burning myself out during the week and by friday all i want to do is sleep. Last week there were several nights of drinking and dinner with friends. Friday night we had a little get together at our place (cranium of course... though next game night is catchphrase night i guess). Saturday I had to return some stuff so we spent a chunk of the day walking around downtown crossing... I really like it down there - dunno why. And then I went to a friend's grad party at her house - it was fantastic. Armenian family, Armenian food (too bad i had stuffed myself with sushi and couldn't fully enjoy the home cooking), Armenian music and dancing. (Thanks Lilith). Anyway, we had a good time, danced a bit and drank more than a bit. (Oh yes, had some interesting "assumptions" made about my love life... as always). Then on Sunday, headed out to Manchester by the Sea to lay out and "play" in the water... when a storm started to roll in, we packed up and headed out to Rockport (for the Mermaid, Fairy and Gnome festival!) - rockport is such a cute little place. Fun day trip though not a whole bunch of stuff to do. We had some yummy seafood on the Harbor and then headed home (well, made a pit stop at target to finally get some shelves and stuff for my room!!!! yay!)

This week was pretty much the same... except, we drank monday, tuesday (drunko alina passed out on the couch), thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. Well, by drink I mean 1-2 beers or glasses of wine most nights. Throughout the week I worked on fixing up my room. Its finally starting to come together (and not look like a boring room with just a bed). I'm excited!

Saturday was our long overdue roomie night. Roomie nights at my house = GREAT food. And me trying to force everyone to drink. Sunday was a lazy day - i did nothing all day. Made some kookoo (the parska-hyes should know what I'm talking about). And later I went to see A Mighty Heart. Really good movie. I mean, we all know what the ending is but I think Jolie is stellar. I really went to see it because I loved the way she played the role (in the previews) and she did not disappoint. Or maybe its just me.

Oh! How could I forget? I went strawberry picking on Saturday with Sarah and her cousin. STRAWBERRIES! YUM! I am not a huge strawberry fan... as I'm sure many of you know... but thats because the ones in the supermarket are usually a bit tart. These were super sweet - just like CANDY! I was "chetes" and took quite a few and now I'm stuffing myself with strawberries everyday! lol. But it was a ton of fun.

No comments: