Sunday, March 18, 2007

My first st. patty's in boston

So, yesterday was my first st. patty's in boston. first real st. patty's i guess. It was madness. We started out at a classmates house a little before 9:30 am (yes, AM). Of course we began drinking right away - on an empty stomach. In fact, I was playing flip cup while my bagel was getting toasted. We continued to drink and play while the crowd got bigger and bigger... and by 1 or 2 pm, we were finally ready to head out.

Unfortunately, it was a little too late. When we got into the city, it was madness. Crowds of people and lines everywhere. There was not a single bar without a MASSIVE line. A lotta bars were charging covers - some were a bit crazy (I heard some place was charging $30! - in boston! places here don't have cover and if they do its like $5). Anyway, it was just insane. We finally gave up on the idea of going to a bar and we headed to another friend's house. I think I drank some more at the house - i might have even tried to play beer pong but I couldn't see straight - not sure what I was thinking... and then I passed out for good. Well, for a few hours at least.

Woke up around 8 i think... ready for round two! (except, by this point in the day i looked like a crackhead - seriously - make up smudged and all). We grabbed some pizza then headed to a bar... once again, long lines and since no one was leaving, the lines weren't moving. We finally found one place (bar/club) that didn't have a line! And, best of all, they had two pretty good dj's spinning together (records, not cd's). Maybe I just thought they were good because I was drunk....

Anyway, the night ended with lots of dancing.

9am - 1am. What a St. Patty's day!

(I'm glad it's only once a year because my body would kill me if I tried to do that again anytime soon!)

No comments: