Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Random Blogging

.... because i'm in.... yes, you guessed it, property.

Why do I never pay attention in property? Well, I walked into class today and this was written on the board:


"To Christina for her life, then to Haley and her heirs if Britney is bald one year from the time of effectiveness of this grant, and then to Jessica and her heirs if Britney is not bald one year from the time of effectiveness"

and

"To Christina for her life, then to Haley and her heirs, but if Britney is not bald one year from the time of effectiveness of this grant, then to Jessica and her heirs."


Do you sympathize?

Thanks

So. I had to do a little bit of shopping yesterday. I headed over to Downtown Crossing and as I was heading home (around 4 pm) I walked past Ballys and noticed the sign outside said, "-10 C"

For those who don't know what "-10 C" means, let me give you my "conversion" - "-10 C" = "ears falling off" (in human terms). Of course, thats about "14 F" for some. But, that wasn't taking into account the freezing cold wind.

BTW. When I say wind - I don't mean "cool wind" or "warm Santa Ana's" - I mean - 40 - 50 mph gusts of freezing (f*#$ing) cold WIND! Wind that finds its way through your layers into your hood and to your EARS.


The weather forecast has described this weeks temperatures as "very cold" "bitterly cold" and "FRIGID" - when have you read weather reports that say frigid?

Our overnight low was "2" with the "real feel" of "-25" (thats not celsius folks!)

Of course, I'm a silly Californian. As I left the house in the morning I thought - "Oooh, nice sunny day" (HAHAHA). I realized ten steps out the door that not grabbing gloves was a big mistake but I was late so I didn't turn back. Instead, I kept my hands in my pockets and hustled to the T.

After class, my friend asked me to help her carry some stuff from her car to school. We got to her car and I realized - hm... I have to carry a box which means, I can't stick my hands in my pockets... uh oh.

It was a 1 block walk from her car to campus - and honestly, I was scared to death that I wouldn't have fingers. I mean, I've said that before. I've told many people, "I took my gloves off and I thought I was going to lose my fingers" - but this was bad. This was no gloves for like 5 minutes. My fingers were burning and throbbing... then semi numb (in fact, I couldn't even grip the box anymore) and when I got into the building they went back to throbbing and burning - my fingertips were a funny color.

Moral of the story - CARRY GLOVES WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES! Five minutes felt like 30... it was just incredible... Bright, Sunny, Gorgeous - Fingers Falling Off - the two just don't seem to go together.

Anyway, I'll end my post with two fun quotes from school:


"Harvard, Harvard. Everyone is always talking about Harvard. Forget Harvard. We're at BU. Better. Thats what the B stands for. Better University." (Professor Maclin)


"I take it the proposition is that I should cancel class on Friday so you can all run off to Florida.... (some convo).... Done" .... "History suggests the Friday before break is not the time to do perpetuaties (sp?)" (Professor Lawson)


And Selmi... something along the lines of, "I was thinking of cancelling class but... (interrupted by applause from class)... okay." (Student... "what's the but") "Well, since there was such an enthusiastic response, no but."

No comments: