Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Arctic Chill, Superbowl Ads and Headlines...

Gooooood morning!

Man, it is COLD out there. Everything I said to anyone about how I didn't mind the cold... ya, ignore that. That was in reference to 10-20 degree temps. Things are much different in the (negative)10-10 degree temps. Much different. Accuweather describes the temps as "frigid cold" "very cold" and "bitter cold" - I don't care what you call it - all i know is it sucks. Last night I went to the screening of Screamers at Harvard - by the time I got there, I thought I had lost my fingers. I know I say that a lot but this time they really hurt. Really really hurt - burned! I couldn't bend my fingers in fact. And i was wearing TWO pairs of gloves. Then on my way home I was tempted to just stop walking and curl up in a little ball on the ground and resign to the fact that the cold would kill me. I was near tears by the time I got home (oh wait, I was actually in tears - cold breezes cause you to cry!). Today, I figured I'd wear more clothing (yesterday I left the house in a long sleeve shirt and sweater in the am - no jacket - and at night I picked out an inadequate jacket). Yes, today I wore leggings, jeans, socks and boots (on the bottom) and a long sleeve shirt, turtleneck, sweater, jacket, scarf, earmuffs and gloves (on top). It was still cold.

*Sigh*

Well, I guess it coud be worse.... and, on the days where I'm more energetic, the cold seems more refreshing (makes you real hyper!) rather than depressing.

Anyway, on to superbowl. I love superbowl because its an excuse to drink beer on a sunday and eat lots of crap food! Yay. I can't tell you how many wings I ate - and a tiny slice of pizza, a hot dog... and beer! yum. The game was good - it was a fun first half. The half-time show was one of the most entertaining in recent years - esp compared to last years (yawn). And the commercials weren't half bad either.

Here are my picks:
1. GM Robot: (The myspace version of this ad is incomplete so I linked youtube). Seriuosly, after a few beers, I was ready to cry watching this commercial. And yet, it was hilarious. Reminded me of Johnny #5 (short circuit).
2. Taco Bell Lions: This reminds me of Selmi trying to pronounce some of those names. Rrrrrrrr...
3. Bud Immigrants: Self explanatory - and hilarious.
4. Blockbuster Mouse: First good blockbuster commercial in a long time.... i love squeaky!
5. Dalmation wannabe: This one is too cute. So its not the most hilarious one ever but its cute nonetheless.

Of course, I haven't watched every single one but these are my favs so far. I also liked the Snickers Kiss, a lot of people liked Rock Paper Scissors, and there were some other good ones as well... check them out at: Myspace Superads or CBS Superads.

And, last but not least, today's great stories:
1. Looks like we can't even look up to our ASTRONAUTS anymore. Such a shame.
2. This one isn't a funny story per se, but I've always had a problem with the term "friendly fire" - if you shoot at someone, its not friendly. PERIOD. But, for more on strange terms in the English language, see George Carlin.
3. I have a hard enough time preventing body parts from bouncing all over the place when I'm fully clothed and working out - but for those who enjoy bouncing, I present to you the nudey-gym
4. Chewbacca strikes back...
5. I noticed on the radio that God is sometimes bleeped - for example bleep damn. (Since damn is a much better word than God). But I guess that's not the only case...

And for the law kids... don't drink VODKA during trial - (then again, this contradicts an earlier case where jurors did crack).

Well, that's all for me. Cheers.

No comments: