Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's that time of the year...

it's that time of year

for ASUC elections!

I mean, its finals season too... which is why I even bothered doing this (procrastination).

But, I visited some of the Cal blog pages to find out the scoop. I was very sad to discover that CalStuff is officially DEAD! I can't believe it. CalStuff was practically my homepage during the ASUC days....

Apparently there is a new blog in town - the Clog. Obviously, I was slightly attached to Calstuff so Clog doesn't really cut it for me... (oh ya, and they don't have a minute by minute breakdown of elections drama!). Surprisingly, the East Bay Express also blogged on the elections... its amusing that they include gender statistics in there (only 1/3rd of candidates were female).

I guess same old - SA bombarding with "DONE" campaign posters and CalServe trying to mock them with the same campaign. (Here is a fun contraversy) I was surprised to see that BEARS-United is still in there. (Sad that BEARS lasted and FreeWeed didn't - i mean c'mon, which is a better name?). There are some new "parties" - doubt any of them will get anywhere. Interesting independent candidate running for Prez as well.

But now with elections over, its time for the famous ASUC lawsuits (and more). Yes folks, 17 suits... most of which will get settled by the Judicial Council but there is almost always 1 suit that gets taken to (real) court. Fortunately, unlike previous years, they will be doing a vote count and releasing prelim results (in previous years, you had to wait until all the suits were settled... and sometimes that wasn't until summer).

Anyway, I don't know why I care. Actually, I don't really. I don't know what the issues on campus are. But damn it was a fun time. And, really, reading that stuff was better than con law.

(PS - If you're read this far, you must be a former ASUCker... so HI!)

No comments: