Thursday, April 19, 2007

Today!

Today was/is (in progress) an awesome day.

Yesterday marked the 2 week countdown to finals - needless to say, I was feeling a bit stressed and overwhelmed all day. It didn't help to attend the OCI meeting and find out that only 30-50% of people get their 2L jobs through OCI. WTF?!?!?! More work to do! great!

Anyway, today we are one day closer to our first final... but TODAY has been fantastic so far.

First, contracts started a few minutes late, con law ended a few minutes early. We did a tedious survey for some professor but were rewarded with donut holes. After that a certain someone went out of his way to say hi... which always makes my day :) .... Next I headed to the bookstore to buy a lil somethin for my little cousins and bought myself some red BU shorts (I wanted hot pink ones but they didn't have them in my size).

On my way home, I had one of those rare "Aw, LA" moments (I mean, I often miss Harout parahandeses but its rare that I miss anything else about LA social life). I was flipping through my iPod trying to find something I haven't listened to in awhile and I came across Gnarls Barkley which totally brought back memories of Standard Downtown rooftop pool/bar Memorial Day weekend... and I thought, gee, I can't WAIT to head to the Standard (in 3 weeks)! It's one of the few places that I just love! And that thought along with the momentarily gorgeous weather just contributed to my already good mood.

When I got home, I discovered that my "stuff" had arrived. It really wasn't a huge discovery - I was tracking the package and expected it to be there. But the exciting part was that everything I bought (dresses, shirt, skirt, accessories) FIT. How rare is it to buy something online and it fits? I mean, I won't lie - some of them looked a little different than what I had pictured but they fit and look cute nonetheless! Clothes make me giddy! Particularly cute summer clothes and dresses and cute work outfits and... okay, I give up. All clothes make me giddy.

So, I took some pictures to send to my mommy and decided to take lots of goofball ones for her enjoyment. In the meantime, another little something happened that put a huge smile on my face. When I finally sat down to do a little myspace/facebook stalking before working on my memo, I received word that I won (for 2L rep). Yay, after a 3 year vacation from student group stuff.... I'M BACK!!!!

(Really, I tried to pretend those days were over but after I planned the Armenian Genocide event my mom pointed out that I keep going back to this - planning, organizing, being involved etc. I told her I wanted to avoid it and she said, its impossible - "its just in you and it makes you happy!" The odd part of that convo was that my mom was probably most against me joining "school organizations" (and even organizations - non profit etc) in the first place - but I guess over time she has come to realize that i love this stuff.)

So now, I am going to go to sleep because its been an absolutely fantastic day and I'm afraid if I stay up any longer, something bad will happen.

(Okay, I'm not really going to sleep - I'm going to work on my memo - which sucks!)

1 comment:

sarah said...

Congratulations! I wish I had a little more of that in me. I really admire people who get involved like that, but I'm totally not comfortable in front of people without a flute in my hands. :)