Friday, September 01, 2006

Boston Weekend.... here I come

Tuesday was a pretty miserable day. I left my coat - ya, my one and only "warm" thing... in the taxi on the way to my new home. I got "home" and realized I didn't have a key, didn't remember where the girl had said she'd put the key and didn't think to put her number in my phone so i could have it handy...

Eventually I got in and took a nap on the couch but was woken up several times by the loud banging noises (from the girl who was moving out that same day). Woke up and walked around in, what seems to be, the most complicated city in the world, and became increasingly more convinced that I'd never get used to this place. Went home and found that all my roomies sleep at 9pm - or atleast they lock themselves in their rooms after 8/9pm.

I was bummed! And ready to come home...

Until...

WEDNESDAY!

Orientation was great... met lots of people - some cool, some dorks... whatever! I'm a dork too so this should work right? Hung out all day - got my ID card (and for once I don't look horrible in it!) Went home... went out... bought a few things I need (really I need EVERYTHING but I'm tooooooo broke to afford anything so really, I'll just wait on the furniture. Beer is more important than a mattress... or pillows for that matter).

Wed night was my first night out in Boston... went to some pub (oldest bar in town i guess) got a nice beer buzz... danced! (woohoo) then...

GOT LOST IN BOSTON. While everyone was snuggled in bed by 2 am... me and two 2L's (second year last students) were wandering the streets of brookline trying to find my house. I managed to sleep around 3:30/4 am and had to be up at 8.... second day of orientation was a nightmare (i was dozing through all of it) but the teachers were funny and awesome. Had some good laughs... met more people... headed home and then of course I had to...

Meet the ARMENIANS. I went to the Armenian center, had an armo dinner, met some armenians hung out with some parska hyes (had some tea)... yada yada (armenians are always good people to have around).

And today... did a little walking tour of boston (not the freedom trail)... had some clam chowder finally... and now? now i'm off to read my assignments for day 1... ya for law school.

Anyway, thats it... consider yourselves updated. This weekend includes a beer social tonight (free beer courtesy of the school... at school... getting drunk at school! how great is that???) then an armo bday party (yay!) and maybe a vegan bbq and a red sox game as well (saturday and sunday).

Three cheers for boston!

No comments: