Friday, September 08, 2006

Settling In...

(Don't forget to email me your contact info if you haven't - a.azizian@gmail.com and SUBSCRIBE to the BLOG!)

I FINALLY HAVE A BED!

Yay! For the first time since August 27th, I get to sleep in a bed! I'm so ecstatic! I didn't even remember what a bed felt like...

And of course this couldn't come at a better time since...

My *stuff* (that for some odd reason weighed 400 lbs) arrived today and I of course I decided to lift the boxes using my back rather than bending my knees so I'm in massive pain right now.

And I learned a few things in the past week or so-

-You CAN'T waive at the hot firemen in Brookline! I mean, no-one forbids it but they speed by so fast that you barely get a chance to catch a glimpse of them. (Such a shame, I know -I'm used to the slow(er) Glendale trucks). Oh, and, I'm worried that waiving might cause an accident.

-6 bags of groceries - as little as that may seem - is a nightmare to carry home.

-Our house isn't the only house with two front doors (I guess its a snow thing or something)

-Do not buy a carload of large, odd shaped and heavy things from bed, bath and beyond (and some stuff from staples) and try to carry it home - you WILL bump into, knock over, and hurt several people on the T (T=subway/metro/train - whatever you wanna call it)

-Mark Twain was onto something when he said, "If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes." It was so gorgeous and sunny the other day... and then it started raining randomly. Huh? (oh, then clear skies again).

-The people on the T don't always find it amusing when you're clumsy - but some are nice enough to help you out.

-Don't believe these New Englanders when they say, "we have it pretty bad here with housing prices" - seriously - 700,000 for a 2 story several bedroom house with a nice front and backyard in a "wealthy" part of town is... NOT BAD! (even if it is a fixer upper)

-Yes, Watertown is as Armenianed out as they say and....

-Fenway Franks are pretty good...

K, thats it for now :)

No comments: